Monday, November 9, 2009

Things I did today

Today (Monday) I finally got to ride Zander! I was ready to kill him in the barn and when I tried to get on him...but once on him he was great! His walk is a little quick, but his trot felt so big strided and long, and his canter was very controlled and balanced. Not only can be canter out nicely, but he can also collect extremely well. I can't wait to jump him! Tomorrow I will introduce him to the idea of poles and see how he does.

I also went grocery shopping; in the past when Rob has gone away it was an excuse to buy junk food...but this time I resisted! Rob's attempts at having us eat healthier are rubbing off on me! My granola bar addiction is still there though...

And....I reset the arena clock! Climbing on a ladder is not something I enjoy doing so it took a while to muster the courage. It is set about 2 minutes fast, but I am NOT going back up there to fix it, so we will have to cope.

What excitement awaits me for tomorrow?

Karen

No comments: