Monday, November 30, 2009

Bye Pill!

Grey Gelding/Dillion/Pill left today for his new home in "The Land of the Linving Skies" (Saskatchewan) where he is going to persue a career as a pony club horse. He loaded great and looked quite special in his new winter blanket and shipping boots. I am happy for his owners that he sold, but in some ways wish I had more time with him, as I was just starting to figure him out and I think he would be a fun bridless horse with some time.

The snow today seems fitting for the transition into December, but I hope the roads are still ok for you guys to make it to the barn!

Karen

2 comments:

Michelle and Spooky the Grape said...

Soeaking of blankets, here is a plug for my new favourite equine vendor.

pegasusequineproducts.com

They made four custom blankets for Spooky in just three weeks. The colours, style and size I needed with embroidery for about the same cost as ordering from an American store. Only the blankets actually fit (fat drafty neck, slight swayback and sloping croup meant I had weird bridging with most blankets) and are of VERY nice quality. Spooky now looks like a large grape, but that is due to my colour selection of "all purple, all the time".

If anyone is looking, especially for a tough to fit horse, all you have to do is take the measurements per their website and pick out the colours. Very, very happy with them!

Hillside Stable said...

Spooky the grape?!?

Championhorseblankets.com is my favourite discount blanket shop for the common equine. Very good quality winter blankets for $100 USD (shipped out of Canada)