Friday, November 13, 2009

Jumping Saddlebred!

I jumped Zander today! Ok, it was just small; the little boxes and a tiny yellow crosspole...but he was awesome! Cantered right up and over without changing his rythm. According to Christine he looked super tight and cute with his little chestnut knees. At the same time he didn't pop me out of the tack at all, so the best of both worlds! Then I dropped the reins to see what he would do and he cantered pretty much into Triton who didn't bat an eye...lesson horse of the future?

Shouldn't be too long before Zander is ready to be a lesson horse...i think he is going to be a barn favourite in no time (after Rocket of course...no one can replace Rocket). Come to think of it if I just had a barn of Rockets and Zanders teaching (and learning) would be so much easier.

Now...to bad all sellers couldn't be like Zanders owner! She was honest and easy to work with.

Karen

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You didn't even get the full story on Zander's owner. I was a bit late heading to their town, and I got lost (she gave me directions by landmark, and I think I missed the landmark) so I was randomly going down some gravel road, looking for a spot to turn around the trailer. I was going to call as soon as I got back into town and (hopefully) found the landmark.

A minivan meets me after I turn around, and she waves me to a stop. It's the owner's friend, and they had seen my truck/trailer blow past and figured I was lost. She led me back to her place, where Zander was. All tacked up and ready to go.

THAT'S a great seller!

I'm glad he's working out!

Hillside Stable said...

She mentionned seeing a truck and trailer drive by while we were on the phone but I couldn't remember the colour of your truck.

Now I just have to see if I can somehow try to track down his papers...then we can join you at the arab shows too!

Karen

Michelle said...

If you can find out his registered name (or an approximation) I can do an Arabian DataSource search for you and try to figure out who he is. If his Arab parent has DNA on file, you can get him tested and re-registered (sometimes). If he was registered properly, because he has some unique markings, if his birth year is known, it won't take that long to figure out who he is. Getting papers on part-breds isn't as difficult as on purebreds.