Monday, November 23, 2009

More Western!

Pill the western Horse!

I should have put my chaps on to complete the image. I seem to be getting back into the western riding again, I just wish the horses I have to ride western fit my new saddle...the old wide one puts me in such a chair seat! Anyway...Pill would make such an awesome western horse with some training! I great all around show mount. I hope he finds a good home.

For lessons this week, we are getting back to basics and working on the fundamentals of keeping a straight horse, even rhythm, and maintaining pace in (and out of) the corners. I am also going to start using Zander and Tommy a bit in the lesson rotation, so keeping things simple will let those two start to get the hang of things.

Karen

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Is "Pill" short for "Pillow"? Jeebus! That's one chunky horse :)

He's a cutie, I am sure someone would love to have him...it looks like all he needs is water and air to subsist on. Perfect horse for this hay season.

Hillside Stable said...

Pill, short for Pillsbury Dough Boy.

He is kind of like riding a Pillow though.

His nickname is Pork Chop.

His ribs aren't that far buried though...he is just one big horsie.