Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Is there a time when a person looks more stupid than an adult trying to catch a rambunctious little dog?

Today after chores I went looking for Mike and Ginger, only to find them running around our yard after a scurrying dustmop. As I got closer I could indentify the dust mop as our neighbour's girlfriend's little dog Amy...a possible Shitzu crossed with a Yorkie? Cute dog, and just went crazy playing with our two...but not sure a little dog is safe with Ginger as every once and a while she looks at it like it may be a prarie dog... Plus, I don't want to be picking little Amy out of a horse's hoof, so I thought I should send her back home.

Do you know how hard it is to catch an ankle high fur ball up and down hills and around hay bales? The chase was driving Ginger crazy too as the little dog would run under things that Ginger couldn't Then its owner starts to call for her...so she runs for the fence..and crashes into it (we have mesh up to keep their other dog out from crawling over). But she doesn't learn...she just tries again and keeps running full tilt into the fence!

Perhaps the breeders bred these dogs so small the brain no longer fits?

Finally she dazed herself enough I could catch her and lift her over the fence safetly...and along with her went any desire I ever had to have a little dog...I will stick with cats for small cute pets!

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The brains may be smaller, but the determination is enormous!

Amanda

Hillside Stable said...

Determination and vocalization center are both enormous....no room for anything else!