Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Questions...

Does anyone have a dog whistle? I want to see if Mike can hear one. It is hard to keep track of him in the dark, and if I lose site of him it can take a while to find him again...and he can't hear me calling him, so it can be a little worrying. Usually he is over at the fence flirting with the neighbours two young female dogs though...dirty old man dog!

I am also looking for some stackable rubbermaid bins that open at the front like the bulk bins in the grocery store. Does anyone know where I can find them?

Reminder about the Christmas Party on the 13th of December too; 1:00 pm.
We are going to have a $20.00 Secret Santa gift exchange (gifts don't have to be horsey, as non riding family members can also come and participate), a snack potluck, beverages, Hillside Trivia, and other games. All Hillside clients, friends and their families are welcome to come, just bring something for the snack table!

Karen

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Stackable food bins can be purchased at Ikea. On the basement floor. They also have big clear tubs on little wheels which are perfect for basement storage. They are not rubbermaid, but the lids can be clipped on, and they are secure enough to keep mice out.

I can't believe someone finally asked and I had the chance to share my ingenious Ikea find! W00t!

Unknown said...

This won't help with you calling him to come back to you, but what about putting a bell on his collar, and/or some sort of a light (I'm SURE I've seen a little blinker for attaching to a dog's collar at a pet store)? Another thought, if he is deaf, and you find a little blinker to keep track of where he is, maybe you could carry a flashlight with you and shine it at him - see if he'll come to you, and maybe give him a treat every time he comes to you? Kind of use the flashlight to signal to him... might be worth a shot?

Hillside Stable said...

Maybe he needs a GPS locator! He is actually pretty good about coming to the barn at night if he sees the big doors open, I just worry about him. I think the lights are a great idea.

And it seems I need to take a trip to IKEA to get those bins...for some reason I am afraid of going into IKEA and never come out again...