Sunday, November 15, 2009

So I rode Tommy today as I decided I might as well see what he is like...and I really liked him. He is on the peppy side, but light in the mouth, and very light off the leg (laterally). A little fresh, but not spooky or overly silly....so now I am not sure what to do with him. Darn Cute Horses!

I also rode Grey Gelding...."Dillon". He is not at all in shape, so we just did walk/trot....and he was ok. Sitting on him was like sitting on a big overstuffed couch. He may need his teeth done as he would occasionally flip his head up, but when he was relaxed, he felt good. Needs some retraining though...didn't seem to get the idea of listening to seat aids, or understanding lateral work....but then it was his first time really being ridden in a while, so perhaps I should cut him some slack!

The new horses are all so friendly though. I really like their personalities; they make Rocket look bad in that respect! (don't worry Rocket, I still love you best). It will be interesting to see how they do this week...hopefully at least one of them will be in the lesson rotation starting next week!

Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rocket has developed some bad barn manners lately so he may be falling behind. Poor Rocket!

beth