Friday, September 4, 2009

Time to think about warm weather vacations...

We finally got some much needed rain and welcome cooler weather. The rain sure pounded down for a while so I was worried the horses might be cold outside, but they seemed to be happy with the cooler weather and bug less day! Hopefully this will perk up the grass and I put the horses out in the back pastures again. Poor Amanda has been busy and not able to come out for a few days so she was worried that Ri might dissolve without his rain sheet on, but he managed to survive and even looked happy to be allowed to get muddy like all the other horses.

I am hoping it will dry enough that I can teach outside tomorrow, but I think it is time for me to start bringing the jumps in anyway...I will miss having the bigger space to create wacky jump courses outside!

So, with cold weather on the way, it is also time to think of warm weather vacations...I have one for Clare and Joan: Reno, Nevada. It is the 25th Anniversary of the Friesian Horse Association! Maile who owns Gjelt and Aiden has been invited to ride in it for a Canadian Breeder...how cool is that! The show has Friesians doing all sorts of things including western riding, jumping, and Chariot racing!

I can't imagine being the judge at a Friesian show though...how would you keep track of the different entries?

Karen

No comments: