Thursday, September 10, 2009

I finally did it...

I finally broke down and brought some jumps inside; despite my efforts, the days are still getting shorter and the evenings getting cooler. Soon the horses will need blankets! Have you had your blankets washed and cleaned yet?

I also had someone other than me do more than just walk on Dexter...I had Kelsey ride him in her lesson. Of course I didn't tell her that no one but me had ridden him at anything faster than a walk before. It was interesting and useful to see someone else on him, although at times I just wanted to get on!

Still looking for snack ideas; so far Christine is in the lead with her Peak Frean's Blueberry Brown Sugar Flax cookies....I will have to keep an eye out for them.

Rob has found me a bunch of healthy options which we are thinking of stocking in the barn for customers who come to ride right after work, so that will be good, but I am a confirmed snacker so I need some cheap filler filled snacks as well as the healthy options! Some of this stuff Rob has found is pretty cool though...including a gel dehydrator which would have been great at some of the brutally hot horse shows. Easy to keep a gel pack in your pocket.

There is also an anti snore spray...I wonder if that works on dogs?

Karen

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What does the training schedule look like for this Fall? Beamer has really filled out...it may be time to give him a job! He'd be coming in for saddle breaking. Love to show him next summer, but we'll see how he does.

Hillside Stable said...

I am waffling between wanting an easy fall and taking in more horses...but in theory I could take one any time after next week, as Gjelt and Aiden will be leaving and I will just have Pilgrim until Kokanee comes back.

How big is Beamer now? How much of a princess is he?

karen

Michelle said...

Beamer's no princess...he definitely gets the least attention of the group. He doesn't even really need to see the farrier...he wears his own feet down perfectly!

His worst thing is that he doesn't like anyone touching his poll or ears. It's super-annoying. He's 15.2hh now, bigger than Perry was when I sent him. He's thickened up a fair bit too over the summer. He looks small next to Wolfgang and Spooky though.