Friday, September 11, 2009

Ri will be "Ri"lieved...he isn't on the verge of being the only Quarter Horse at Hillside. YJ ended up staying to become the first Quarter Horse Hillside (or myself) have ever owned. Now, before you ask, I have no idea what our plans are for him...do we turn him into a lesson horse? Teach him to barrel race and take him to Jack Pots? Improve his training and try selling next year? I am hoping Rob will find time to ride him a bit, but beyond that I guess we will let him grow up a bit and see what it is YJ wants to do. I will have to take him off the sales page.

Sailor on the other hand did leave yesterday. He is going to be spending the summer to grow up a bit, and may come back for training in the spring. Meanwhile he is for sale for $2500.00, which I think is a hack of a deal if you are looking for a BIG jumper prospect!

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Ri will be so happy not to lose his buddy....I think YJ's future should be as Ri's permanent lifelong BFF. Ri has/is going to suffer enough loss of his closest QH pals. Remember how heartwrenching the first separation was? Those cries will haunt me until the grave......

Amanda

Hillside Stable said...

So can we send you a monthly "Ri Buddy" surcharge?