Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hastings Lake Show

I wasn't sure how much I wanted to go to a show this morning, with the cold and the wind, but once again the Hastings Lake show was a lot of fun! I like that it isn't a crazy long drive, and that it doesn't start until 9:30...unlike the crazy dressage shows that start before 8am...and it only cost $40.00 to go in as many classes as you would like!

So anyway, here are some photos from the day!

YJ and Fancy in the English Pleasure Class. The senior division was 16 and up, so Sara was in the same division as me and Amanda.

YJ and Ri in my favourite class...toilet paper pairs! Amanda and I need to practice for next year. We did better than at the earlier show, and managed to survive a couple changes of directions ending up 5th. Same thing got us though...Ri not halting as fast as YJ, and YJ spooking at the toilet paper as it got near his head.

Amanda is sporting the vest that was our motivation for going to this show. You can't see the tassels and gold stitching in the photo, but it was pretty special.


And here is our final photo: all three horses came home with a first and a second as well as other ribbons!

Thanks to Janine for braving the cold wind to help us out and take photos, and to Rob for hauling the horses and helping out!

Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my vest.......