Thursday, June 3, 2010

It was neat seeing Clare ride Magnus today. I hadn't really watched them go, and it is fun to see someone else progressing with a young horse. He looks very good!

Young horses are funny, and the warmbloods do seem to take the most time and patience. I am trying to get a head start with Coregel and Piper without over doing it, so on nice weather days, I am starting to pony them (one at a time!). At first Rocky was intimidated by Piper, but he seems over that, and was quite confident putting her in her place today...which made my life much easier! I took the girls for a walk out back...up and down hills to help build bone density. Apparently Mags is quite smitten with Coregel and he was posturing like crazy as we went by. He ignored Piper completely...poor Pi!

Bailey on the other hand, is a Quarter Horse. Training him is easy. He came on Friday. Six days later and he is trotting under saddle. The first time I asked him to trot it seemed like I had opened a whole new world for him...and thereafter all he wanted to do is trot! Not to get away or to be naughty, but just that trotting got him to the things he wanted to go see that much quicker! Ah...I love Quarter Horses!

Karen

No comments: