Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Before and After

Make over shows, or weight loss ads always tend to show a before that includes a dreary looking person wearing frumpy clothes, with lighting that makes you wonder if they have a liver condition. Then the after shows someone in fresh make up, a big smile, lovely lighting, and a nice outfit. Not really a fair comparison.

So I did an honest makeover. I took the before photo after removing all the mats. Here is the before. Cara with her lovely long mane. I will admit that it was hard to chop it off. Amanda must be getting to me.

And then the after:



I will need to get a photo of her out on the grass with her new look for her owners, to make it look a little more impressive, but I think it makes her neck look longer and more proportionate. And yes, it would have been better had a pulled it, but I cannot bring myself to pull the mane of a baby horse. Just seems mean.

One day I will braid her all up and do a real photos shoot for her sales ads. I think she would look very cute in braids with a little black dressage saddle and black bridle with a sparkly browband...

Karen

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I wonder if that technique would make Zora look less...homeless.

I love Cara's black face and white forelock!

Hillside Stable said...

Does Zora have feathers?

Michelle said...

More than most light horses, not as much as a Clydesdale.