Monday, March 22, 2010

Today I ventured into town to get my eyes checked in response to the reminder notice I got back in December. The Dr office is in the Sherwood Park Mall, so off I went, arriving just in time for my 11 am appointment.

Apparently 11am is when the mothers or day home "mothers" go to the mall with their children, as there seemed to be an oddly large number of toddlers wandering the halls. I loved the one laying on the ground in the entrance to a clothing store SCREAMING and pounding fists and legs, blocking the entrance. An older gentleman ended up walking over the child to escape the store. At first I thought perhaps he was related to the child, but he just kept walking...or maybe he was, but wanted to pretend he wasn't? No mother came to grab her kid out of the way in the time it took me to take in and pass by the scene.

Not much further was a young couple dragging their screaming child away from the brightly painted train ride.

So...parents of teenage girls? Take your daughters out of school one day and take them to the mall at around 11 am! That should help convince them to stay out of "trouble"!

After my appointment my eyes were all wonky from the weird light scan thing they started doing, so I decided to browse for shoes while my eyes recovered. First store looked at me like I was deformed for asking for a AAA width. The second one I went to didn't look to have much for runners, and I didn't see any staff, so I left quickly. But then I got to Athlete's World or something...two customers were in the store already, but left as I was browsing...I really just wanted to ask about sizing, as browsing seems pointless...but in the FIVE minutes I was there, NO staff person showed up!

I was half tempted to grab a security tagged garment and throw it out the door to set of the alarm in order to get some service, but I wasn't sure how well that would be taken, so I just left. So apparently the late morning is also a great time to be a shop lifter...

Ugh, I hate malls and shopping!

I hope you all are enjoying the snow though! This snow is for Laura and Courtney's relatives that are coming to town soon and wanted to ski...

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats high to you dispatch, intention look ahead for more interrelated articles promptly as its anecdote of my pet subject-matter to read.

Courtney said...

Hopefully the snow will stick around until they get here... Everything looks so much prettier covered in snow!