Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The dates are set!

I have set the dates for the Hillside run Horse shows to be held at Fultonvale!

They are going to be ran on July 4 and August 29th, with classes from 12" - 3'6" and will be beginner rider/green horse friendly.

The show name is: "Ride for Red Clear Round Classic" and it is benefiting the Canadian Blood Services. We are also going to be organizing a blood drive where you can donate blood in Hillside's name.

My dad is practically a vampire with all the blood he has been getting, so it would be nice to help replenish their stocks by raising awareness and encouraging donations.

I will be doing up prize lists shortly, but I need to get some sponsors on board first. Any ideas on good company's to approach for sponsorship? I want to offer prize money, but this is a benefit show so we need sponsors to make that possible. I will also be looking for help building some show jumps...i was thinking of making signature jumps for the corporate sponsors!

Karen

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't help with companies, but I'm happy to work with you on building jumps. I'm getting not terrible at building and I'm an excellent painter :D

Anonymous said...

i too can help with painting! i have to warn you though, buildings not exactly my forté! :)

Paige

Hillside Stable said...

You are both signed up!

We will be looking for show volunteers too (good work experience for your resumes!)

Anonymous said...

For sponsors...the usual suspects, like tack and pet stores.
Tim Hortons
UFA
Construction companies
G&E
Vet clinics? They should have made enough money off Hillside in the past year lol

Maybe even people just fundraising from friends and neighbors?

Maybe even look at who has sponsored some of the other shows in the past?

Amanda

Michelle said...

I'll volunteer, especially if I have no horses by the time the show is on...can you make an in-hand class so I can bring Zora? :D

I totally call jump crew or else gate steward.

Anonymous said...

My dads company XMP consulting might be able to sponsor and AWOC law firm will probably help out. Hope this works :)

Paige :)

Anonymous said...

Oh! Radio stations maybe?

Unknown said...

ATSafety Training in Sherwood Park has agreed to do a gold sponsorship :o)

Hillside Stable said...

Thanks Terri-Leigh!

Michelle, the lowest division can be led or in-hand...it is only 12"! there will be a special award for the top in-hand entry so bring Zora!

Email me if you are interested in sponsoring: equinealberta@hotmail.com