Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I jumped YJ today! Well, not literally....to be technically correct YJ jumped a jump with me on his back encouraging him to do so. It was a 12" or so yellow cross pole and we cantered it once each way. He was great! I was fully expecting him to either break to a trot and waddle over it, or only jump with his front end and have poles scattered in our wake...but he jumped it well and cantered off politely after the jump!

He has mellowed a lot this year; last year he would poo 4 or 5 times each work out, and get anxious...but this year the only anxiety he seems to have is regarding the timing of the next cookie...

I think he will be a great lesson partner for Rocket, as they both have about the same length of stride, and the same gluttonous tendencies.

Perhaps by May he will have shed out enough that he can be worked long enough to be used in lessons...he is one woolly boy. I am quite excited/relieved that he seems to like to jump!

Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he's being a good boy for you! I'm so happy he has found his niche!

Charity

Anonymous said...

I will be happy to clip him for you!

Good boy YJ!

Amanda

Hillside Stable said...

Gee, sorry Amanda...it seems you have an allergy to clippers that you didn't know about...so for your own health I better keep you away from them....