Sunday, March 14, 2010

Good old kijiji....

Kijiji never ceases to entertain and frighten.

Entertaining: The "Exquisite" Dressage Sport Horse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2gw9fT93AListed as "ready to take any level of rider to the winners circle in FEI competition" I didn't know the FEI had a wiggly head flipping class. To be fair, the ad doesn't list his age, so I suppose if he is a 4 year old, then MAYBE he could make it to the four year old classes with a talented pro this year...or maybe they just meant he is quiet enough you can use him as a taxi to get you to the edge of the winners circle so you can watch the presentations from his back?

To be fair he likely isn't all that bad a horse, but the ad just talks him up sooo much, I was expecting to see an older FEI school master, and not a very green, average moving gelding, whose lateral work involves pulling his head into the wall for a few strides...

Then, a little further on Kijiji, is someone whose foal has swollen hooves/fetlocks, doesn't want to walk, and is tipping in on her hooves....and they decide to post for advice on KIJIJI rather than say, call a vet! I imagine if they woke up with sore/swollen ankles and feet, and were unable to walk comfortably, they would do more than just post for help on a website...

Apparently the lack of 1 hour makes be bitchy....good thing I don't teach on Sundays!

Karen

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I saw the FEI prospect...I wondered if you had seen it too, I almost sent it!

Look what I found...

www.youtube.com/hazelnutgrovestable

The one being ridden by the girl in the shadbelly/top hat.

I may or may not be flying to Vancouver to check this one out. :D

Hillside Stable said...

Umm....Michelle....that is NOT an arab! Nice canter...but do you REALLY want more feathers to clean :O

Someone sent me a link to another ad for that paint....he is ELEVEN years old! So not a young horse prospect...says he has shown to 2nd level....but EC doesn't show any horse with that name placing in the last couple years...so much for an affordable FEI horse in our backyard!

Anonymous said...

You should see her jump! Her dam does the 3 ft and 3 3. I gave up on arabs after the last 16hh one turned out to be 15.1 and his owner/trainer got mad at me for asking him to turn a corner while on a loose rein. Apparently it is the height of ignorance to expect a 5 year old, ready to show arab to bend w/o being "round" aka bridled up so tight he cant see. I love being told off by sellers...makes the decision so easy!