Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I don't know what it is about farrier day, but it exhausts me. I think in part it is because I try to hurry to get the barn clean, and then ride a couple horses before Ken gets here...and of course there is the guessing game regarding WHEN he will get here....followed by two or more hours of fetching and holding horses. Today there were eleven on the list...which is over 40% of the entire equine population at Hillside, so it took until after 2pm to finish up....at which point I was very ready for a nap!

If anyone had been out at fiveish they would have been witness to just how out of it I still was; i brought Penny in to ride, and decided I would try her in the Happy Mouth snaffle...so I put that on her, took her in the arena, fixed a crooked pole...and then went to get on only to realize I didn't have a saddle! So back out to the barn to put on the saddle, then back in the ring to mount...only to then realize I only had half the lights on in the arena (I had only turned on half to build the course). Penny was suspicious of the light and dark spots, so maybe it was good for her.

Fortunately riding woke me up and the rest of the evening went well. Actually lessons went very well followed by no exuberant kicks from Edgar during feeding time! Possible he is learning? Maybe?

Karen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Or maybe he just knew you needed a break?! ;o) LOL

Farrier day IS exhausting though, I always find that too!