Wednesday, December 2, 2009

People...

So I got this in my inbox today:

"As a previous client who still follows you professionally; I was wondering, after all your disappointment with dishonest/unscrupulous sellers; how you could advertise a horse whom you found personally unsuitable for jumping due to a medical condition as a horse who is trained and suitable for jumping?! I also wonder when/if you intend to reveal the medical condition that made him so unattractive to your program. After someone calls? After they drive out to see you? When they look at the vet check? As he is loaded in the trailer? I admit, I was a little disappointed to see your ethical standards in practice."

I am pretty sure they used a bogus email address so I can't even email them back.

If they were smart, then they would have signed up for a fake email account and made a fake enquiry. Then they would have known that anyone who emails about Tommy is told about his mild club foot and is offered both the xrays and the vet report via email in my initial response to them, so they can make their own informed decision. This is unlike the person who sold me the horse who lied about his height and didn't inform me about his hooves. It is not as though Tommy isn't a great horse, just higher maintenance than I wanted for a jumping lesson horse, and I bought him to be able to jump some bigger jumps.

Interestingly I recently also had someone on a forum I was on attack me for very odd reasons...basically putting words in my mouth making it sound like I jumped my lesson horses 3' high 7 days a week...and that I was horrible for doing so...anyone who knows my program, knows my horses don't work nearly that hard!

I guess that is the flip side of being outspoken...and of success. People are keen to attack those that appear to be succeeding.

So...I am going to take the email regarding my ad for Tommy as a compliment of some jealous unhappy git jumping to conclusions so they can feel better about themselves...so common@sense.ca.... thanks for the ego boost!

Karen

6 comments:

Mich said...

A former client. Heh. Did they not sign their name to this lovely inquiry?

Rob said...

you cann't take anyone seriously if they won't put their name to something... just shows how little they think of their own opinion or how wrong they think their opinion is...

Mich said...

I almost left my post anonymously, just to be amusing. LOL

Hillside Stable said...

No name and a fake email...but not hard to speculate on who it would be as it sounds exactly like the bitter tone of "Anonymous" from my blog last year...

Seriously, if I was going to lie about Tommy I wouldn't have put all his info out here on my blog! Duh!

Karen

Christine K said...

wow some people are really dumb :(

Anonymous said...

Karen,

I am not sure if you are referring to me since I did respond to a blog of yours last year in a bitter kind of way, but if you think it was me who wrote this anyonymous email, it was not.

You and I have definitely had our differences of opinion, however, I will give credit where credit is due, and when it comes to selling a horse, you are one of the most honest people I know. I was also taken advantage of by a less than honest individual and as such, still own, care for and love a lame horse, so like you, I know what that feels like.

I am aware of a number of your previous clients who follow you professionally, and I was encouraged to take a look at your new website, which by the way is very well put together. I came across this blog while poking around, and I was a little shocked by it. Obviously. whoever wrote that email doesn't know you very well.

I would like you to know that I wish you every success with your business.

Sincerely,
Sharon

FYI....I am no longer bitter with regards to dishonest horse people. I see now that Sam was the cost of an education, and in hindsight, a very good one.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2010!