Tuesday, December 29, 2009

In case you were wondering

A few people have commented on my disturbingly rosy red cheeks...no it is not that I have taken up drinking whisky on my way to the barn, or have been experimenting with blush...I have frost nipped/bitten my cheeks looking after YOUR silly horses. It happened when it was really cold and snowy, and the snow/frost would build on my ski mask, but then melt when I popped into the barn to put a horse in or out, and then when I would go back out...the mask would freeze to my face. Now that the skin has started to heal, it is red and blotchy and quite painful when out in any sort of cold. I need some super moisturizer or something to help with the healing process!

I posted a want ad for horses yesterday, and as always it is entertaining to read some of the replies. Typically people try to talk me into something that is outside the parameters I set out, and they almost always ask what our budget is rather than just tell me their price! "What are you willing to pay for the horse I have told you pretty much nothing about?". "Gee, it so happens that amount is exactly what we were going to ask for our horse' (as they scramble to edit all their ads to up the price).

Jeepers.

Karen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love horse ads! Cindy went to see a "dead broke super calm" mare yesterday, and about 1:00 pm, I get a text explaining that this mare has given her flying lessons, she's in the medi centre and we can't hang out because she has to go for xrays. :D She's fine, doped up but fine. It's just fantastic when ads are a little less than right.

Hillside Stable said...

Poor Cindy! I hope she feels better soon!

Karen