Friday, December 11, 2009

It's not THAT cold...

So it looks like it will be chilly for a while now...so I think I am going to go ahead and cancel most lessons likely until Wednesday. Call or email to reschedule! If you are a boarder with an inside horse you can still have a lesson if you want during the cold snap...and if the Clares are too whimpy to come out there is also the possibility of borrowing a morgan if you really must ride...but otherwise I think lessons will be cancelled.

The inside boarded horses WILL still be turned out, but they may end up being brought in early if they need to be. I will be double blanketing as needed for those of you that have suitable blankets.

Speaking of blankets...I think the rain sheets can be put away now! I cleaned up all the extra blankets on the stalls and moved them to hooks along the entrance. Ideally all the horses should have a spare winter blanket easily accessible at the barn, so I can exchange blankets if one gets ripped or something.

It is supposed to be crazy hot this time next week....so if that holds true, I will be clipping horses starting on Wednesday. I need to get the lesson horses done first, with boarders to follow, so let me know if you want your horse done! Clipping costs: $25.00 "Set up" fee, plus $50.00 per hour. A simple clip like the lesson horses get takes about 30 minutes total....less if the horse is really quiet. You can save money by arranging to be there to bring your horse in and brushed.

Remember to check back tomorrow for the hint to one of the Christmas Party contests! There will be two contests; one for the loyal Hillsidenite, and one that anyone at the party could win...even non horse people! I hope the cold weather doesn't discourage too many people from coming...I am getting lonely out here with the cold weather keeping people home and no Rob around!

And if anyone wants to stay behind and help bring horses in I won't complain....

Karen

No comments: