Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christine....quick! There is a horse on Kijiji listed as a "drisage" prospect for only $350.00! You were looking for a drisage horse weren't you? You have to look past the fact she is reining/cow horse bred, has a super sloped illium, and a low set neck...

I think people see their horse trot pretty and think "dressage!". Or a horse that trots slow and think "Western pleasure!". My favourite is the untrained horse that jumps out of its pen and so is then labeled "jumper prospect; has jumped 4 feet!")

It is funny sometimes to read what people list as their untrained horse's best future careers. Recently there was a 15 hand, unstarted 7 year old pinto/arabian listed primarily as a jumper prospect...yes it may be able to jump (as Tommy can), but I highly doubt that is the market you should be aiming for, and they are likely loosing out on potential buyers looking for an endurance/show prospect which is what this horse would better suite.

I wonder if western people look at my ad/videos of Tommy and see my breeches and helmet and think I am similarly crazy....

Karen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Where do I send the chq?? I've wanted a drisage horse my whole life!!
Actually, I"m not 100% sure what drisage is??? Maybe a combined driving/dressage thing?
I have noticed that every horse I'm attracted too has a sloping croup!! I think a sloping croup comes with a nice quiet mind and a big body. I may have to change disciplines and look into this drisage thing!
Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ivizukano.builtfree.org/fehaqe.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

hmmmm interesting :)

Paige

Michelle said...

Have I got a Drisage prospect for you guys. Hold on a sec. I need to steal someone's baby so that I can toss it casually at Zora's feet, and then steal a toddler to plunk on her back so that I can take proper sales photos. Zora is already four months old, high time she started trucking around some kids.

What, oh that? No, that's just high spirits. "Airs above the ground." Your baby will be FINE.

Hillside Stable said...

Velcro the baby on and then send them cantering around the paddock! I can't believe no one has done that one yet..