Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ground Hogs Day

February is here. Isn't today ground hogs day? February tends to mean increased interest in horse training and sure enough the calls have been coming in. My newest training project is a very pretty bay arab mare named Concept. She is here for some finishing work/jumping training. Her owner is the person we got Triton from.

I have a little TB mare supposed to be coming this weekend for similar training too. Actually...most of the horses booked for training are mares this year!

I am not sure if it is the start of training season, the good visit I had with my mom and dad on Sunday, or that Rob is home for a few days after being gone far too long, but I feel like I am over what ever has been weighing me down lately. Yesterday was the first time in a while where I didn't feel the overwhelming need to nap!

So time to get back to writing, to organize the theory clinics and to get ready for show season!

I had good news about dad today too...he will be allowed home a few days at a time (with a nurse coming by to check on him). It is too bad my parents have a split level, but maybe the stairs will do him good. He is sticking to the theory that "there is always hope", so I will go by that too.

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

That's great! Glad he gets to come home! That will perk him right up.

Amanda