Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today was vet day part 1, with 6 of the horses getting their teeth done, and sheaths cleaned (if applicable, Carma did not get hers done :) ). The vet is back out next Tuesday to do the remaining horses as well as anything else that comes up in the meantime.


Clare P was around to help with the visit today, which helped a lot as Meagan had an assistant to do the sheath cleaning, so it went quickly!


After the vet visit I had to clean out the stalls we used, and then made the mad dash into town to my mom's house; my sister who I haven't seen for a few years was in town with her family to see our dad. It was the first time I got to see her twins! They are almost two years old now, and once they warmed up to me, where quite entertaining. It seemed that bringing me toys was their way of accepting me or something and I ended up behind a wall of ancient toys my mom keeps around. Those toys brought back memories! My sisters oldest child reminds me so much of me when I was young (this sister looks a lot like me, but she has the better nose).


Towards the end of the rather rushed visit my sister allowed Ginger to come visit the kids. They had never met a "real" dog before, only a toy poodle, so mom and kids were unsure of meeting Ginger, but as usual Ginger did not disappoint:
The three kids were all very gentle and quiet with her, and thought her fluffy tail and curious tongue were the best! Poor Ginger was unsure of what was expected of her, and just laid low/quiet. I think she was disappointed that there was no Turkey smells as usually when she goes over there is SOMETHING cooking that she gets to sample!
I wish I could have taken Mike too, as he is great with kids, but he is too heavy for me to lift in and out of the truck now days, so I just took Ginger. I think Mike was happy enough to nap after a busy morning sniffing the vet!
Karen

No comments: