Saturday, January 30, 2010

I want to thank everyone for all the support. Those sharing personal experiences, helping me understand the treatments and care my dad is getting, and for letting me talk.

They have had to stop treatment. The MDS was too far along. They estimate 1-3 months. My mom wasn't sure if all that time would be spent in the hospital, or if he could go home at all. I know he feels he has left so much undone. I think he has known his time left was short; as ill and weak as he was he still made the trip to the jewelery store to make sure my mom had something to remember their last Christmas together.

I will go see him tomorrow.

Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no Karen, I'm so sorry. Let me know if you need anything.

Amanda

Jessie said...

I'm so very sorry to hear that. Definitely let us know if you need any help with anything at the barn.

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry Karen! That is very sad to hear! If you need anything let me know. Any heavy lifting, let Amanda know!HA! I shouldn't kid at a time like this, but that is my nature, no disrespect intended! I will help Amanda do heavy lifting if you need!
Christine