Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I bought new breeches!

I finally made it over to Tudor Tack today. First time since Bert sold it. I apparently selected the wrong day to do it, as they had tack pulled off the racks and on the floor and were in the process of reorganizing, which made finding tack difficult...fortunately help was readily available.

I am sorry to see Burt go, but I think the new owner will do well, and it sounds like she has some exciting plans. Right now she is just trying to make it feel more like "hers" and reorganize it in a way that makes more sense to her. I do like the leather sofa and magazines for when non-horsey spouses/parents come along! She is also planning to have a website, and on-line shopping!

The Open House/reopening is in March; there is a poster with details in the barn. It sounds like it will be lots of fun with all sorts of prizes, discounts, and food! They also gave me a basket of horse treats to take back to the barn, so it is on the water cooler! They are actually horse and dog treats, and smell very gingerbready!

Speaking of food....I finally bought the Kashi granola bars that Courtney suggested....I bought Pumpkin Pie! Pumpkin Pie Kashi granola bars are extremely yummy, and they do not have corn syrup in them! (they have rice syrup instead...not sure if that is better or worse...) Rob has bought me some good snacks lately too, but not as healthy; Hobnobbs, and Pocky sticks. Pocky sticks are yummy....just don't look at the fat content!

Karen

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Mmmmmm... the pumpkin pie ones are good too!