Monday, February 15, 2010

Pictures of me in a dress!

The wedding was held at old timers cabin. It was a very suitable location and I loved the log walls! The table setting was nice but simple, with the center pieces being baby Spruce trees to take home and plant; attractive, non intrusive, and environmentally friendly! They also had these really neat battery opperated candles to add ambiance to the table.


Hopefully you recognize Rob and I. I wish we had gotten photos earlier on as when we got there my hair was nicely curled... but that never manages to last....


I went with the frumpy but comfy shoes. I was glad I did as we did spend a fair bit of time standing. I was glad I brought the wrap/scarf too...not sure it is considered fashionable, but I dislike being cold, and I really dislike when the bare skin of my back comes into contact with the bare metal of a chair!


The people with me in the other photo are Rodney and Gillian. Riding friends from the past! Please note we choose to pose in front of the cupcakes to discourage others from taking any...I like being around people with similar sensibilities to me!


Then there is the photo with me and the groom and bride! Nicole and I first met when I was 15 or 16 and she was a year younger. And yes, that is the dress she made herself! Her first (and perhaps last!) attempt at being a seamstress, and she didn't stick to anything simple! I was impressed! (Rob was disappointed she did a good enough job that the dress stayed on the entire evening....)

Karen






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good! It must have been nice to not smell like a barn for the whole evening!

Amanda