Friday, January 29, 2010

SNACK EMERGENCY!

I need a replacement snack! For years now, I have depended on Quaker Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola bars as the cornerstone of my snacking needs....but I am fickle, and it seems they are no longer doing the trick! Perhaps I reached my lifetime Corn Syrup quota? Yikes, I hope not!

I tried alternating with other granola bars, crunchy, chewing, yogurt covered, chocolate covered....but none of them have the attention of my taste buds.

So many other snacks are salty and make me worry about too much salt. And remember I can't eat potato products.

Yes, I know, I could just pack a healthy lunch/dinner, or I could use the kitchen in the barn, but I like to have a selection of edibles that can be safely stored in my pocket.

I was enjoying Yops for a while, but it didn't take me long to tire of them. Same with Crispy Minis.

The little Clementine oranges have become my staple snack, but I fear those are seasonal...so then what?

I need ideas people! You don't want me cranky and undernourished when I teach you!

Karen

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Kashi bars? I love them! The chocolate cherry ones are my favourite!

Courtney

Anonymous said...

You have to try the Fibre 1 bars. They sound super healthy, but they are totally chewy and nummy! I love the peanut butter ones!!
Christine

karen said...

I think I have a coupon for Kashi bars...chocolate cherry?

I think I have had the Fibre 1 peanut butter version...I did like them...

isn't there a non-granola, non salty, non corn syrupy snack out there though?

paige said...

try the special k bars! Strawberry are my favorite! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It's all about how to select a proper partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Hillside Stable said...

I have had the Vanilla Special K bars, and they are yummy. Not sure I have tried the Strawberry. Janine reminded me of the Canned Tuna and crackers I used to enjoy...I had forgotten about those. We also wondered if there was anything out there such as Turkey Jerky...if not, that might be a good market for Wendy (Dreamer) to move into!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Sesame snaps? Those are addicting...

Anonymous said...

There is turkey pepperoni and it is delicious!! Stupidly expensive though!!
Christine