Saturday, January 2, 2010

Amanda rode her new horse today; he is VERY sweet...in the arena. In the barn...perhaps not so much. NO FEEDING EDGAR in the barn at all. Not even a scrap of hay. He is fine in the barn when he is not thinking of food or attention from Amanda....he is a very smart fellow and already definitely knows she is his person and demands her complete attention and adoration!

I need to get a picture of her on him...after seeing her on Ri it is hard to recognize her on the big boy, but they do look good together and I can't wait to take them to shows. (in part because I want to see that mane tamed!)

We tried Rosa western today, and she seems to know a thing or two about it. I wish I had better western bits and an arab style western saddle, but we seemed to go ok.
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd89/HillsideStable/Rosa/?action=view&current=Rosa_western.flv

Karen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that all the money I save on treats will go directly towards detangler and baby oil! Plus a personal groom to comb out his mane and tail.

Amanda

Unknown said...

I AM AVAILABLE FOR THAT!!!!

Unknown said...

Now I'm a little unsure, does Edgar = A Boy Named Sue?! I went by my neighbor's a couple days ago and there was still a big bay out in that field, and I also don't recall them calling him Edgar? I'm so confused - LOL! (But they do have at least one other bay, so maybe they just moved him? Every time we'd ride by, "Sue" used to come over to the fence as we went by, so I just got kind of used to looking for him :o)

Unknown said...

Oops, just read the post below and saw the picture, and yup, I'd say that whatever the name, that's the same horse - lol! Congrats Amanda!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's him! He is fantastic!

Amanda