Monday, January 25, 2010

Dad update

Thank you for keeping me and my family in your thoughts.

Dad is doing much better and I think that is making it easier for my mom to regain some semblance of normalcy.

On Saturday they said Dad could leave ICU, but there are no beds available in hematology, so he is still there, just without a dedicated nurse.

Today I was there in time to see him out of bed and walking which was great! I was allowed to guide the IV thingy along with him. This is not a small pole like I see on TV...this is a fairly large wheelie thing, with a row of monitors and a steering wheel to maneuver. As we started to walk, I was suddenly hit with the responsibility involved! Not only did I have to keep it close enough so as to not pull the IV out of his arm, I also had to make sure I didn't clip his heels as we squeezed by the desks.

This made me realize it is a good thing for all concerned that I am not a nurse. I could not have a job where mistakes have so much of a potential ramification. So here is to the nurses!

Karen

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmmmmmmmmm.... Karen, I think teaching people to ride potentially dangerous animals has some potential ramifications??
My life is in your hands!! Think about that!!
HAHAHA!!
Christine

Anonymous said...

I was a crappy nurse when my mom was sick. i do have respect for those hardworking people who work at the hospitals doing an important job day after day.

Janine

Hillside Stable said...

We have a big ditch out back to hide any possible "ramifications" from a bad lesson. Harder to bury the evidence in a hospital.

"Gee Claude, no, I didn't see Christine at the barn today..."

Horse people are always so broke I could likely bribe anyone around with your tack.

:)

Karen

Anonymous said...

I will take her tack AND help you drag her to the ditch!!

Love ya Christine!

Amanda

Hillside Stable said...

Hmmm....and I could use a small silver hatchback...maybe we can just ambush her when she comes to the barn on Monday and not wait for any sort of riding incident...I bet her new dressage saddle will fit Edgar...
"Horror at Hillside Part 1"!

Anonymous said...

And we can split the cash when Bliss sells!!!! This is starting to look really good! She was such a sweet girl..

See you on Monday Christine!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Oh, and thanks for not throwing me in the ditch!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

I just read this and I'm SHOCKED and APPAULED!!! Not only do I realize that my life at Hillside is worth a few bits of used tack, money from my horse and a beat up Pontiac Wave, but when I told Claude that some day he might call the stable and Karen may say to him, "Christine, I didn't see Christine today??" His answer to that was, "Like I'd call looking for you!"
I'm really not feeling the love today people!!
I wonder what ever happened to the people I hear about that boarded at the stable before me, but I've never actually met them hmmmmmm???
Christine