Wednesday, July 21, 2010

If you are wondering why the barn is quiet...

It is because Milo is TERRIFIED of the Additionelle advertisement on the radio. it starts out with a cat fight and finishes with an angry meow...poor Milo jumps up and runs scared with hair on end trying to figure out where the attack is coming from! Not worth traumatizing the poor kitty! I have no idea who the marketing genius is behind these ads. It just seems a little insulting to imply that women with "catfight" over the sale prices.
....

Another day with a crazy downpour. Goody. Went to visit Larry today and his little island is completely submerged. Can ducks sleep and float? At least he has some goose friends to help keep him safe. I had hoped he would come up to me, but their dog wanted to play so the birds wisely stayed in the water.
....

I cantered Ricco and Flirt for the first time today...it was uneventful which is how I like it! Also cantered Lily for my first time. She has nice gaits and is built in a way that makes my leg hang so nicely. It would be interesting to know her breeding! I am thinking she has something Spanish in there somewhere.

We have 14 mares on the property right now and 16 geldings. This is the most gender balanced we have ever been! Usually there are many more geldings than mares! A large percentage of the mares are just here for training though.

Karen

No comments: