Monday, July 12, 2010

Dear Shoppers Drug Mart

Dear Shoppers Drug Mart,

Believe it or not, many of your customers come to your DRUG store, as they are ill. Perhaps they have been suddenly stricken with nausea. Perhaps they have a blinding headache. Perhaps they are looking to fill a prescription for allergies.

So what do these unfortunate people find upon entrance to your store? A full frontal assault to their olfactory senses as they are forced to wade through a cacophony of mismatched scents and perfumes on their way to the main section of the store. Trapped in a hall of spray bottles and samples. Yes, that is EXACTLY what someone with a migraine, allergies, or lowered immunity needs. Hospitals just don't know what they are doing when they ban perfumes, scented deodorants and many flowers from certain hospital wards.

I walked into your store today only to be lambasted by smells that set my throbbing headache afire in my temple. It was all I could muster to find my way to the exit before the nausea hit. I then made my way to the unscented Save-on-Foods across the parking lot.

I shall not make this mistake again.

Perhaps the marketing and design department forgot that your store is called Shoppers Drug Mart and not Shoppers Perfume and Cosmetic Mart.

Yours Truly,

Karen Nelson

Do you think they will reply?

No comments: