Saturday, September 11, 2010

Stupid Vet Priorities...

So the stupid vets thinks that performing a potentially life saving operation is more important than ultra sounding my Coregel! They also didn't want to spend their Friday night or weekend doing it. The nerve!

So now I have to wait until Wednesday. On the bright side that gives another 5 days for her to continue to heal so that hopefully that helps.

.....

I have been looking at sales ads for a new horse for Nicole. She found some good ads herself, but I am surprised by the number of people without a video of their well trained, show experience horses.

Found an ad on Kijiji that showed potential; big gelding, dressage and jumping trained. I don't think there was a photo. Emailed to ask about the horse's experience competing over fences, and for a video. He has jumped to 3'6", but only for fun, not competed. That's fine, but not what I am looking for. And no video. Then ads the horse has mostly done dressage....high level stuff. My interest is back, so I email to ask what level the horse has competed to. She doesn't know.

Does that seem odd to anyone else? It is not like the horse is 20 years old. I think sometimes people just throw stuff out there and see what gets the potential buyers attention.

It is like when we found an ad for a horse we had sold as a light use trail horse as being a level 2 jumping horse. I don't think the horse ever jumped higher than 18".... and was in no way sound enough to continue jumping (which the buyer knew and agreed to). Level 2 is 3'0"-3'3" jumps. But apparently that sounded good in the ad.

I need to come up with key phrases too it seems. I have no idea why I have been unable to sell Charmer (she goes home tomorrow). She is one of the most fun horses I have right now to ride; goes English, Western, bareback jumps a little, trail rides....just a fun little horse...and only 4 years old! The only people that wanted to try her were looking to buy for an under 10 child...as nice as she is, I think she deserves someone with more experience than that...as does the child.

New boarder should be coming today. Another pinto. Fortunately Michelle's chestnut comes Sunday to keep the Chestnut to other colours ratio stabilized.

Karen

No comments: