Saturday, September 18, 2010

Have I mentionned I hate horse shopping?

This horse looks cute...but somehow I would be afraid to go look at it. "Come on out ladies, you know you want to come out and ride my horse". anyone else get that vibe? Cute horse though. Love his big white star.

This Stable's Website's top banner made me a little motion sick. I did like one of there horses though...once I could find my way to the Gallery . I like the look of Give-em-a-Lyckin, but really got a laugh out of the photos of Sweet Mystery Pride; check out the face of the kid on the pony, and the face of the kid behind her! I don't think either of them think she is going to survive the jump. Cute pony though. If I were them I would be more worried about the kid on All that Jazz. I really hope she found her saddle on the land. Again, another cute horse though! If we end up expanding the search to the Calgary area I think I would want to stop there, as their horses do seem nice...I would just have to get over the giggling at the sight of their logo!

I see that little paint mare I kind of like is still for sale too...sad as she likely is a nice mare, but kids should not be allowed to advertise their own horses. It really turns off buyers when your sales video shows the horse shying from your coach handing you a crop, and when you misadvertise the height of the jumps in the video or the height of the horse.

There is a black warmblood that has been for sale for a long time too. Price keeps dropping and I keep thinking...gee, maybe he isn't so bad...then I watch the video and see the head flipping all over again. Wouldn't it be cheaper to put the horse in one months training rather than pay month after month in board because the video you have to sell your horse shows something very green/annoying to ride...and the horse is not young enough for that to be excusable?

Now I just wish that some of the people I emailed get back to me...

Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha haha ahahahahah ahahahhaaaahahahaa!

That guy is seriously sexy!!! i am going to look at that horse just to meet the owner! "Loves to Run". Probably in the opposite direction when he sees that weenie headed his way, ready to ride jockey seat in the western saddle.

Come to mama! ;P

Amanda