Sunday, May 9, 2010

So yesterday was a long day, with people coming to try out horses, owners coming to see their training horses, and lessons. I had packed things in from 7am-9pm, and things HAD been going well/smoothly, with everyone showing up on time, being accommodating, and the horses behaving as expected...until one goofy chestnut mare decided she should put me in my place by acting like being mounted was terrifying! This, a horse that has never spooked at being mounted before. Doofus.


I think that is why God made chestnut mares though...to keep egos in check. All teenagers should own a chestnut mare.




This is my attempt to create a unique logo for the Ride for Red Clear Round Classic:
Drawing in general is not my strong point, but drawing in Paint is definitely not my forte!
Entry forms/prize lists are available for the show now if you are interested.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It says no stabling, but will there be any pens available if people happen to be bringing young, silly babies as second horses to bring in the 12"?

Hillside Stable said...

The show is at Fultonvale...they don't have any pens or stalls there :(

I suppose you could bring her back here to hang out for the day if you wanted to though...or invest in those fancy telescoping trailer panels that make a pen off your trailer!

Karen

Michelle said...

I can take the divider out of the trailer and let her hang out in there. It's pretty much a box stall. If she is her usual self, she will attract a constant stream of small children to keep her company.