Monday, May 31, 2010

Snow in May. Lovely. Cold and wet. The poor horse show at Whitemud was ended early due to the conditions.

Yes, we need the moisture for the wetlands and hay fields...but now I think we need sun and heat more than more wet or hay prices aren't going to be any better this year than last!

A couple new horses came the last few days; Bailey the 3 year old Chestnut came on Friday & Ricco the 3 year old bay draft cross came today. Fonzie seems to think Ricco is a girl, and really embarrassed himself with all his posturing. Bailey just looked away, embarrassed for him. Arriving yesterday was Brie. A 14 year old TB mare that will be living in Dexter's stall. Brie is here to be shown in dressage. Yes, someone is paying me to show their horse! Someone other than Rob! Not only that, she came with a tickle trunk full of tack and accessories, which was fun to go through. Sunny thinks the Tack box is frightening, so once I go through it I will have to lock it away somewhere safe where it cannot eat him.

Brie is apparently even more of a princess than Bliss, so maybe it is a bay mare thing? She definitely likes to call attention to herself in the barn.

I rode her yesterday, and it went great, but she is very out of shape, so I had to refrain from riding her again today.

Advice for the day: rubber boots.

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Karen! I'm so happy for you! I hope Edgar doesn't traumatize her too much in the trailer.

Now if only I could find someone to pay me to show my own horse, that would be fantastic!

Amanda

Hillside Stable said...

Edgar? In the trailer with Brie and Tango? Gee....I don't know about that...he may drown in equine estrogene....