Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pretty ribbons!

I just got the ribbons in for the Ride for Red horse show! They are so pretty!

The clear round ribbons are just basic red flats, with a card on the back to record the height it was earned at, and a string to hang it up. The classic ribbons are rossettes. I let the ribbon maker make some decisions based on what she thought would look nice, be a bit unique, and be in our budget, and she did a great job (Thanks Ringside Ribbons!). She made up a suitable logo for the button, and offset all the placing colours with deep burgandy. The 6ths and the 1sts are the most pretty in my opinion. You will have to come to the show to see them! I may have to ride in a class for a chance for a rosette myself....

Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that the mystery German horse will win several!

Michelle said...

Zora has been practicing. She is getting good at jumping...maybe the mystery German horse will have a run for his money! I hope I can keep up with her, she likes cantering away after a fence...

Hillside Stable said...

I am just hoping the mystery German horse leaves the course in one piece and doesn't eat the fake flowers....