Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Update on "the kids"

For those of you that have been following the fillies' progress:

Coco's first ride outside Because of COURSE you want their first ride outside to be when it is insanely windy... I have to say this mare is incredibly smooth. If anyone is looking for a fabulously cute western pleasure/eq prospect who can likely do some of the more athletically demanding events, this is a nice one to sit on.

And Charmer's first canter. Yes, I know, we got the wrong lead. Shame on us. I try to end the ride as quickly as possible after a big moment like the first canter so she knows that she did well! This is her second time outside, and she has really started to balance herself nicely. Charmer is really a people pleaser and a nice mare to train. I wish I had cows to try her on, as I have a feeling she is a cowy mare (that is a good thing), and may have some reining or cutting instincts in her.

The little morgan filly who came in little after the two QH mares also got her video taken today. It all uploads as it should, then the video should be here. She is still in the bitless bridle, but I will soon switch to a bit. She seems to think she is wearing one anyway...she always opens her mouth as if to drop a bit when I take the bitless bridle off.

Karen

No comments: