Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rain!

Rain Rain Rain! Lovely rain! Ok, I am a little sick of it as it is so flipping cold compared to not that long ago, but the horse's hooves (and the farrier!) needed the rain, as did the grass and hay fields!

The rain does seem to be making the horse's a little crazy....YJ kept doing his goofy "eeeee" sound while I rode and did this poppy little canter that felt reminiscent of the dime store ponies that Safeway used to have (does anyone else remember these?). Even Calvin tried to play a little at the canter...nutty Quarter Horses...peppy, but still just want to jog....

.......

On the white board in the barn I have listed which horses will go out on the grass pastures this year. I decided to put less horses on the geldings field this year to make sure it isn't over grazed, but if the grass picks up a bit more, them maybe one or two more can go out there. I will likely start putting them out on grass mid May.

I will also be moving some of the geldings around, so the most obnoxious horses are together, and the other horses can get a break from them....

We also plan to deworm the horses with Ivermectin during the first week of May. If you want me to deworm your horse, the cost is $10.00. I will put a sign up list on the white board. If you want to deworm your own horse, you can buy the dewormer from me for $8.00 (it is a paste), or you can buy your own of course!

I am very pleased with the new jumps, and the horse's aren't as worried about them as I thought they would be, even though they are bright yellow and green! I need a big duffle bag or similar to store the jump cups though...so if anyone has one hanging around that they would like to donate, I would appreciate it!

Karen

No comments: