Friday, April 2, 2010

Thanks Amanda!

I just wanted to say thank you to Amanda for helping me go pick up, load, and stack some very nice square bales. It was fun! Thanks to, to Debbie for giving me the number for the hay. I have to go back for a few more bales if anyone has some free time on Sunday afternoon....

Another new training horse came today. A very classy looking Morgan filly named Stellar. She is in the wood pen tonight, but will move in with the QH fillies tomorrow.

It seems this year is all about the mares/fillies! All seven of the training horses that have come in so far this year are girls, and the next two booked to arrive are also mares! I wonder if that is a general trend or if I just attract the mare owners more as I have a "ladies only" barn?

I rode the two thoroughbred mares today, and it went quite well. They both have lovely trots. I also rode Charmer a bit...well...ride may be an exaggeration, most of the movement was going back or doing a turn on the forehand as she tried to figure out where I was! She is a pretty cool little mare.

If you are bored this long weekend and too stuffed with Easter dinner to come stack hay, this blog is moderately entertaining: http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/

Karen

No comments: