Thursday, August 5, 2010

So I was out looking at a horse today and saw some Cattalo. Any guesses what that would be? It is a buffalo crossed with cattle that looks mostly like a Bison. These guys (gals?) looked just like bison/buffalo, but had big white blazes, and one had a big belly splash of white! Pinto buffalo! How frightening would that be to encounter while trail riding...

On another note, I am putting together the fall lesson schedule, so please come talk to me about when you would like to ride. I am considering doing some dressage lessons Sunday mornings if there is enough interest. I so much prefer doing dressage with no jumps in the arena!

Hope you are all having a great summer and aren't being overly sucked dry by the insects!

Karen

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cattalo!!! Those were all the rage about 20 years ago only then they called them Beefalo. Cattalo is much nicer Beefalo is a real blunt way of saying what they are all headed for!! HAHAHA!!

I may be interested in a Sunday morning lesson, that would be fun and Claude could occasionally video me! LUCKY Claude!!! HAHA!

Christine

Anonymous said...

I would do a Sunday am as well! Lord knows how well things go when Christine and I ride together! Maybe if it is not a Saturday... Then Claude can video me too! He IS lucky!

As fo the Cattalo, that would make an awesome guard pet/lawnmower plus a great pas de deux partner for Eddie!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

If Brax doesn't work out I think my next mount will be a Cattalo!! Then if it doesn't work out I can eat him and it will still feel like I got my moneys worth! If it does work out then I can do a pas de deux with Edgar! WIN WIN WIN!!!

Christine

Anonymous said...

I will help you eat him! MMMMMMM...Cattalo! Even if he does work out, lets do a pas de deux then serve him at the bbq!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Poor Cattalo!! Good job buddy! Let's celebrate our success with a big bbq!! Just bring yourself, we'll take care of the rest!!!! HAHAHA!!

Christine

Hillside Stable said...

At least with a Cattalo we won't have to worry about Christine giving it a bad hair cut...or wait...maybe they do have a forelock....

Let me know what time you would like to ride on Sundays...11? 10:30? 11:30? 9:30?

Anonymous said...

How about 6:00am?

9:30? Are you nuts???? 10:30 or 11:00......Christine? What do you think?

Amanda

Anonymous said...

10:30am sounds about right for me! Sometimes Sunday is the only day of the week I get to sleep in, so I don't want it to be too early!

Although, if all goes well in the next couple of weeks, I may not have a horse to ride, so it all may not matter anyways! Unless Amanda and I start doubling on Edgar. Then when Amanda's legs get tired I can keep kicking...


Christine