Thursday, August 19, 2010

I took Brie on a trail ride today. She was GOOD! I was warned that she was not good to trail ride and the last time I tried her on trails we didn't get far, but today she was walking out nicely and going up and down the hills on a loose rein. Not sure if it is the better fitness or that she trusts me more, but I think being able to trail ride will make her life better.

I have been in trail ride mode the last couple days as the wind has kept the mosquitoes a little at bay. Yesterday I took little Sparkie. She surprised me by being quite a brave little trail horse for her first time out!

Of course with the smoke it is great trail riding weather...a giant smudge to keep the bugs at bay...if you can breath! The smoke hit the barn at 12:30, just as I was coming back with Brie. I was just coming in from the trail as Rob was driving off (he brought me lunch from Tim Hortons...thanks honey!) and so at first I thought he had just made a smudge...which seemed odd to do when he was on his way to work again...but no...by 1:30 the smoke was in the indoor and my throat is raw from teaching/talking in the smokey air. Horses seem fine though.

Hopefully the smoke is not an issue at the show this weekend...

Karen

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Zora and Tommy AND TRITON are going to be at the show!

We must photograph. This will be A-DORABLE. I will even put a saddle on Zora. We can pretend she is a real horse.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the show gods are angry that nobody seems to be taking the hint about all the rain at dressage shows and continue to go, so it is time to start the apocalypse so we all get the hint!

Amanda