Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reminder: Board is due!

Not teaching for the week feels odd...but a break was definitely warranted! I needed a break from my computer too, but I am now back on-line.

My next mission is to finish the accounting from the horse show!

Horse show #2 went well. Team Hillside moved up to some bigger classes and that went well. Weather held. Had a few falls this time, including our very own Kaitlin. One small child did get in trouble from me for whipping her horse after falling off. Not sure why her coach didn't yell at her...seriously, where is the logic in yelling and whipping your horse as soon as you stand up? Do you not think that maybe this will teach the horse to run far far away the next time you fall off? Perhaps with your foot still caught in the stirrup or a arm tangled in the reins?

Will post pictures from the show soon. Got some good ones!

Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No board for you! (from the board Nazi)

I am glad things went well...sorry I missed it! I hope it was not Gigantor that Kaitlin fell off of!

Amanda

Michelle said...

In response to the query, "new barn?" YES! Well, maybe. I dunno. I am going to go try a lesson at Trademark after my shutdown.

Hillside Stable said...

It was Gigantor! He also managed to wipe green slime across kaitlin's cheek while she was coming off, so she got up with a big green trail of slime across her face. Check out the pictures of the two of them...he has an interesting style..



Drews love it at Trademark...of course if you decide your horse needs some dressage training first...I have room here :) I love chestnuts!

Mich said...

Maybe Warrior could use some actual riding while I am on shutdown...you will love him. Point and shoot, any jump, any where. He jumped over a 3' high log on the trail the other day FROM A STANDSTILL.