Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It was bound to happen...a horse finally found the draw string on my jacket...grabbed the little plastic tightener and pulled while i was picking his hooves. And pulled. And pulled. Until it was quite stretched and I realized the dilemma I was in...unwittingly I went to reach up to open the horse's mouth...but as I did that he let go...and SNAP, ZAPPA, ZING....it snapped right back into my hand. Ouch. Very ouch. Lots of swearing from me. Horse looking innocent.

Must remember to make sure the new barn jackets do not have draw strings.

...

On a happier note I cantered Sparkie for the first time today! She is such an eager little trotter that it was hard to convince her to canter until today. That little horse can trot fast! Had a lovely canter though, so hopefully she agrees that it is easier than doing a speedy trot. I trotted the younger morgan Minx for the first time today too. She is also a lovely mover and I found her to have a very warmblood feeling trot which I didn't really expect. She is a very nice little mare. Both horses are for sale if anyone is looking for a very willing partner for show or trail riding. Make a youth or small adult a wonderful mount!

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you riding Edgar? Snapping your draw string sounds like something he would do! Or Magnus, if your draw string was velcro!

Amanda

Hillside Stable said...

Edgar would not be so subtle...he would go for bra straps...or in your case the little ribbon hanging out from your underwear....