Thursday, August 26, 2010

Good going Tudor Tack

I went over to Tudor Tack today (Rob's heart rate just increased as he read that I am sure..understandably he gets nervous when the credit card and I go to the tack store...) to pick up the washed and repaired winter blankets and to show them the issue I had with the fuzzy girth I got for Tango. It had been obviously used by me, and had grey hair, so I wasn't really expecting them to take it back, I just wanted to show them the issue...much to my pleasure they took it back with a full refund! Hopefully the manufacturer takes it back...I think the design is flawed and I doubt it would do well on any horse.; the velcro holding the fuzzy on extended too far out and pinched her poor little elbow!

I used the credit to buy a shoulder brace/support that should hopefully help prevent horse's from being able to wrench my spine out of place again...it may also help my posture!

I also picked up more little prizes for the show...which Tudor nicely donated without my even having to ask!

We are going to have some nice prizes again, with prizes for 1rst and 5th place in the classics, as well as three gift certificates from LRM Equine Services (good for a massage or a bottle of specially formulated liniment), and some miscellaneous prizes that will be judged and awarded by the show volunteers...categories for these awards are to be a surprise!

We also have a cooler to award for the Delaney Jumper division, and saddle pads for the high points in the other divisions. And of course prize money.

Not to forget the reason for the show, we will have information provided by the Canadian Blood Services to hand out, as well as donor sheets where people can submit their past or future donations under Ride for Red as we are now a corporate donor! We need at least 15 donations a year to keep that designation, but I think we can do better than that! Lori at CBS even did up a donor sheet with a horse on it just for us.

I think we will have a few more entries than the last show, so hope to start promptly at 9am so that we can still allow schooling between divisions. I will email details once I have calculated how many tickets were sold and compare with last show.

Can you tell I am excited to hold Ride for Red #2?

Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I am there in spirit...you should do a winter indoor series :) Maybe my new barn will let me go...

Hillside Stable said...

new barn ?!?

Lindsey said...

We all had so much fun! thank you so much Karen !!! - "the Spoons Arabians Crew"