Monday, August 9, 2010

If you are wondering what the God awful noise in the barn is...it is Coregel. Coregel on stall rest. Her hind leg injury is much more serious than first thought and I am supposed to try to immobilize the leg...she is not cooperating though. Hoping the vet comes up with a better solution than 30 days stall rest. I wish I could explain the consequences to her...I really do not want her to go the way of Ziggy.
I will have to leave someone in the barn during the day to keep her company. Not sure who yet. I may take Rob's advice and alternate two horses in the stall across from her...perhaps Lily and Bliss? I am sure they would be happy to be out of the sun for a few hours a day.
Although Rocket will be pleased to get Coregel's fly sheet for the remainder of the season...hopefully it fits him!


And now for a photo of a two year old who IS cooperating:
Doesn't Cara look all grown up and fancy in her bridle and braids? I think she will make someone a very fancy hunter one day.



And on the topic of fancy...I think it is a good thing Amanda does not have kids based on how she dresses her horse...seriously...his fly sheet looks like he is getting ready for a Richard Simmons sweating with the oldies workout... The poor fellow is so mortified he has even let Rocket and Tommy chomp on it.
(I am kidding...the shiny gold fly sheet is lovely Amanda...if only my horses should be so lucky...)
Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Based on what I see when I am out there during the day, I bet Sunny would LOVE to be inside 24/7!!! Or Edgar could be made to look really well behaved across from arngry baby! Why is it always the horse who doesn't want to be in who always seems to need stall rest? Sorry to hear about that. I hope she settles in soon. Would Piper be OK inside? Maybe that would keep Coregal settled?


Cara does look very grown up! Please feel free to groom my horse daily!

As for the fly sheet, it was kinda like the Off, NOBODY has any! It was th only one I could find!!! And luckily, it was kind of his size! It is his punishment for the "Ride for Red Private Pen Incident"! He may be big, but Mommy does the shopping!

Amanda