Thursday, October 8, 2009

It may come as a suprise to you...

But the roads are a tad on the icey side...

The first snow fall of winter always seems to bring out the most accidents. I don't think it is only because we aren't used to driving in the snow, I think it is also because the roads are still so warm that the snow hits them and causes a layer of water and ice. On our way back home today we witnessed a truck pulling a small trailer fishtailing; its trailer got caught in the berm and spun the truck around before the two parted company. I was amazed the fellow kept as much control of his truck as he did. Fortunately the big trucks that were behind him were able to stop in time to avoid a casualty.

I imagine it will only get worse as the temperature drops for the night and the water on the road freezes under the still falling snow, so if anyone feels unsafe coming out tonight, make up lessons are available on Saturday or next Wednesday at 7....just let me know.

Also ....
This is my one hundreth blog post! go me!

Karen

No comments: