Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I have been blog lazy...

I will be deworming horses next week; Hillside horses as well as those of you who signed up for me to deworm your horses. It would be great if all the horses could be dewormed by the end of the month. Remember to use a product that addresses Tapeworms if you are deworming your own.

Amanda came up with a brilliant motivational saying today to cheer up someone whose school team keeps not winning (aka loosing). "Failing gives you the strength to succeed"

??? Huh...I thought failing meant you didn't have the strength to succeed...

But anyway, from this we got the idea of putting together a Hillside motivational calendar with candid photos of horses and students of Hillside...so we need more brilliant sayings; twelve in total.

Things along the lines of:
"Even when you compete against yourself, you can still loose" (we were thinking of a photo of Ri and his 3rd place in a class where he was the only entry...hey it was their first dressage show, give them a break!)

And this one Milo inspired when he went to jump through the opening in the deck door to get into the deck...only to find that Rob had replaced the glass...kitty went head first "thump!" so: "Using your head isn't always the best idea". Not sure of a picture for that though as I don't think throwing Milo at the door would be very ethical...maybe a photo of someone going head first into a jump? Anyone have a photo of that? If not I am sure Tango can help with that...I will just tell a new student to lean at a jump and grease the saddle...

Karen

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to google "Deep thoughts by Jack Handy (Saturday Night Live)
One of my fav's is: It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."
HAHAHAHAH
Christine

Listen.O said...

haha you could get a good photo of that on tuesday :) I'll just shorten my stirrups a bit and look at the jump. Should be off in no time.

One of my faverites is "Life doesnt but things in front of you that you are unable to handle."
Not sure what kind of picture would go with that though.

Christine K.

Hillside Stable said...

hmmm...How about a photo of Rocket in front of a 4 foot oxer for Christine Ks caption? Or a photo of one of Amanda's tiny dogs in front of a full size dog bone?

I wonder if we could "hillsideitize" Christine T's saying..."It takes a good rider to accept defeat with grace...but a better one to beat their sorry @ss..."

Barb sent me a good "using your head" photo, so christine you may be off the hook with Tango!

Karen

Anonymous said...

sometime two heads isn't better than one...
Photo is a horse jumping beautifully with their rider left on the ground

Anonymous said...

I have no slogan, but how about a picture of Rocket going after the judge's hat at the Amberlea show last year?

Joan

Anonymous said...

I am with Christine on using the Jack Handy quotes.... " I am good enough, I am smart enough, and darn it people like me!" perhaps with a picture of somebody riding while a group points and laughs... i think i have one of those somewhere....

Hillside Stable said...

This is going to be easier than we thought apparently!

Joan...do you have such a picture? I am sure we can think of a caption..."you may be here to win, but your horse has other priorities...and guess what? He's bigger than you!"

Karen

Unknown said...

I'm sure I do have a picture - Mom was pretty camera happy that day... I like the slogan too!

Jessie said...

There are pictures of Rocket trying to eat the judges hat? Those must be posted, ASAP!

Hillside Stable said...

We expect photos now Joan!