Friday, August 28, 2009

Summer Vacation is at an end...

The last weekend before school goes back in. At least the city kids have until Wednesday, but the poor Sherwood Park/Ardrossan kids go back Monday for a full week of school. At least there is a long weekend to look forward to next weekend.

I will miss being able to teach during the day, and having Tuesday nights off. It also seems that the 8pm lessons will have to move to inside from here on out...the days are getting shorter so quickly now.

This was such a hot and dry summer...interspersed by only a few cold weeks. Amazingly I didn't have to bring jumps inside at all this summer, with the rain conveniently falling on non-jumping days or at night only.

I do like Fall in Alberta, so I hope we can look forward to a nice fall and a late winter. I have to admit I am looking a little forward to the quieter schedule that winter brings for me, with less horses to train and no shows to plan for.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Karen

No comments: