Monday, August 3, 2009

brrr.

Although I do vastly prefer this to the 30 plus weather...I just wish we could have more moderation in our weather.

This Saturday Amanda is taking me to see the Lipizzaners, so be prepared to be expected to do Levades in lessons next week! I am very interested in seeing how the riders sit; I don't think there are better dressage type riders seat wise anywhere. Does anyone want to do afternoon feed so the horses don't starve while I watch the white stallions?

New mare still needs a name. Christine suggested "Alice" after some Brownie's song about Alice the camel who in the end of the song ends up being a horse...I think the filly should be insulted.

So far her main characteristic is that she is pretty loud calling to her old friends across the road...and she has a bumpy head.

Karen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the name Vienna for a mare. If not, what about Florence, Cortona, Apple, Dutchess, Delilah, Dancer, London?

-Anna M

Hillside Stable said...

I like Vienna too...V for short. I will run it by Rob.

What did you end up naming your new cat?

Karen

Unknown said...

Suki! It means likable in Japanese (which she is), and it sounds cute (which she also is).

-Anna M